The London2Atlanta Network Connects at the Twelve Hotel
The magnificent Twelve Hotel in the trendy Centennial Park section of downtown Atlanta was the site for the London2Atlanta Network’s Spring Across The Pond Soirée on May 25, 2011. The event is a part of a periodic networking platform held in London, England and Atlanta for the members of the London2Atlanta Network and their guests.
At this event, the focus was on three main areas to strengthen the London2Atlanta Network as a key networking organization in Atlanta. First, to present the Mayor of Atlanta, Kasim Reed, the 2011 Ambassadorial Brilliance Award, and secondly, to create a networking platform for local businesses and finally, to promote the London “Vibe” in Atlanta, while referencing the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London.
People You Need to Know Magazine was a proud media partner at this function connecting two great cities. Once again, our People You Need to Know Magazine display table was set-up and ready to receive visitors at this well-attended multicultural event.
The program began in the cozy and comfortable private Twelve Lounge on the 8th floor around 6:30pm with a welcome by the London2Atlanta Network’s presenter, Michelle Kim, who introduced the organization’s Founder and Executive Director, Ayshah Victoria Powers. Ms. Powers thanked everyone for coming out to the Atlanta gathering. After her warm welcome, the Atlanta Mayor’s award presentation began and the award was accepted by his Chief of Staff, Candace Byrd. Ms. Byrd thanked the group on behalf of the Mayor.
After the award presentation, the event hosts changed the mood of the evening to an even more jovial one by introducing the “True Londoners” contest. A series of trivia questions were asked by the hosts, which only true Londoners or those who had visited the website – www.London2Atlanta.com would be able to answer. The contest seemed to be enjoyed tremendously by all who participated. And then, the woman with the golden voice, British Vocalist, Julie Dexter, went up to the microphone and belted out a song from her latest CD, “New Again.” The distinguished guests for the evening enjoyed complimentary hors d’oeuvres, raffle prizes and drink specials.
We would like to thank our new client, Attorney Misty A. Oaks, (pictured left in top photo) Founding Partner of The Oaks Firm, for being our special guest for the evening. She was happy to meet the numerous people who found their way over to our People You Need to Know Magazine display table. The Oaks Firm specializes in foreclosure, bankruptcy, and loan modifications. Attorney Oaks will be featured in our upcoming magazine that proudly shines the spotlight on women-owned business in metro Atlanta.
We really enjoyed meeting the following people who stopped by our display table to network with us and were kind enough to leave a business card:
- Alexandra Zamor, Sales Representative for U.S. Concepts (pictured right in top photo)
- Claudia Johnson, Case Manager at American Prestige Care, LLC.
- Martine Savage, Licensed Esthetician with Essence Skin Care, Beauty from the inside out
- Patrick Williams, LMT, CMT, with MMT Wellness
- Tara LiAna, Freelance Photographer Fashion, Commercial, Lifestyle & Concept
- Candace Walker, EVP Programming and Operations, HBCU Network (Our Heritage, Our Legacy, Our Channel)
- LaTarsha Lewis, Independent Associate-Director, Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc.
- Jamial Mumford, Coach & Public Speaker, Visions Alliance-Personal Development Success and Life Coach
- Kemp D. Satchell, Sales Director, Crazy Good Social Network
- Kimberly Johnson, Owner, Johnson PR (Integrity &Excellence in Communication)
- Carlos Bell with Carlos Bell Photography
- Angela Aultman, Public Relations Generalist with Johnson PR
- Vickie Yancey, City Of Atlanta, Department of Procurement
- Isaiah Wilson, CEO, Hot Appts on Fire
- Julie Dexter, British Vocalist and recording artist (Latest CD, New Again)
- Alan Rae, Director of Operations, W Atlanta Downtown Hotel
- John Washington Jr. Photography
- Charlene D. Edwards, Director, The Action Not Words Project, Inc.
- Delmar S. Harrod, President, The Vendre Group
- David E. Bryan, III, Registered Representative, New York Life
- Pete Canalichio, Vice President, Business Development, Licensing Brands, Inc.
- LaVonda Walker, Master Cosmetologist, Magic Touch Hair Design
- Taiwo Lawrence, Co-Owner, Mirror Image Media
- Phyllis Walker, Director, Hummingbird Studios
Once again, People You Need to Know Magazine was honored to be a part of such a wonderful evening of networking, fun, and culture. We wish much success to Ayshah Victoria Powers and the London2Atlanta Network ~ http://www.London2Atlanta.com.
For more information about listing your business in the London2Atlanta Network’s new online transatlantic directory, please call 402.602.0342 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
People You Need to Know Magazine
Member: Atlanta Press Club
Winner: Best Promoter, New America Media
Recipient: Atlanta’s Prestigious Phoenix Award