Regina Mixon Bates to Grace 2015 Cover of People You Need to Know Magazine
Regina Mixon Bates is the CEO of The Physician Practice S.O.S. Group, a healthcare consulting and educational firm that provides services such as: long-range planning, IRO services, practice assessments, practice management, A/R management and oversight, new practice set up that includes facility design, auditing and training to physicians and their staffs. The company has helped healthcare providers across the country streamline their A/R process, improve patient flow and practice management and compliance, as well as keep current with ever-changing state and federal guidelines.
Regina is known as “MS SOS” to her clients and has long been in high demand across the country for her unique style of working one-on-one with physicians, their staff and as a nationally recognized healthcare speaker on topics such as Reimbursement, Coding, Compliance, and Practice Management. In 2001, the company was authorized as an IRO (Independent Review Organization) to work with practices under a government CIA agreement. In 2009 she was the first African American to be named chairperson for a national conference geared toward certified medical professionals.
Prior to starting the Atlanta-based company, she also held key positions at top companies throughout Kentucky. Regina served as Physician Practice/CBO Manager of Columbia/HCA Kentucky division’s 40 practices across the state and as Director of Billing and Reimbursement for University Medical Associates in Louisville where she directed and managed the billing operations of more than 80 physicians and 10 sub-specialties. In August of 2012, both the city of Atlanta and the state of Georgia recognized Regina and her company for helping providers to excel in their professions.
Regina Mixon Bates is active in the business community with a membership in the National Association of Professional Women, Board Member for The Stewart Foundation, Director of Entrepreneurship and Economic Development for the National Black MBA Association-Atlanta Chapter, one of the spokespersons for the American Heart Association “Go Red For Women” 2009-2014, an Executive Business Advisory Board Member for Chase Bank, a member of the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
• 2002 by Biz Journals’ Business First~Kentucky Top 40 under forty-business professionals.
• 2007 Featured in The Atlanta Business Journal Spring Issue.
• 2009 Regina was named the conference chair person for PMI’s (Practice Management Inst) National Conference for Certified Professionals that will be held in San Antonio, TX, making her the first African American to ever head a National Conference for Certified Medical Professionals.
• 2009 Named Best Business Consultants by the Atlanta Tribune and Best Medical Practice Consultants by Creative Loafing.
• 2010 Profiled in The Atlanta Business Journal Spring Issue.
• 2010 Listed 18 on the Top 25 Minority-Owned Businesses: The Atlanta Tribune July Issue
• 2010 Named Best Business Consultants by the Atlanta Tribune, November Issue
• 2011 Cambridge Who’s Who for demonstrating dedication, leadership and excellence in business
• 2011 Best of Atlanta, GA Award – Medical Management & Business Administration Services, US Commerce Association, December 2011
• 2012 Best Healthcare Business Consultants, Creative Loafing December, 2011
• Physician Partnership Award, Black Health Magazine, September, 2012
• Who’s Who in Black Atlanta, November 2012
• 2012 Best of Atlanta, GA Award – Medical Management & Business Administration Services, US Commerce Association, December 2012 and 2013
• 2013 and 2014 Atlanta Business League (ABL) – Finalist Outstanding Achievement
Look for Regina Mixon Bates on the FRONT COVER of the 2015 Helping Women Succeed Edition of People You Need to Know Magazine