Cecily Welch to Speak at 2015 Helping Women Succeed ~ Global Summit & Awards on April 11th
We are honored to have Cecily Welch as a featured speaker at the 5th Annual Helping Women Succeed ~ Global Summit & Awards on April 11, 2015. Ms. Welch’s topic is, “Let’s Talk About Money.”
For tickets and more information: http://www.HelpingWomenSucceed2015.eventbrite.com
Cecily Welch demystifies complex financial issues for clients so they can make informed decisions and turn goals into financial action. She has done this for clients throughout her career. She began as a financial auditor working throughout the United States and internationally and continued her client focused accounting and financial advice at both large and small CPA firms.
In addition to being licensed as a CPA in both Illinois and Georgia, Cecily has more than 20 years of extensive experience as a certified financial planner (CFP®) and a public accountant with PricewaterhouseCoopers in Chicago, Bennett Thrasher in Atlanta, and S.J. Gorowitz in Alpharetta, GA. She earned her Bachelor of Accounting from North Carolina A & T State University and MBA from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Cecily is adept at helping people understand how their financial decisions can help them meet their life goals. And because no financial decision should be made in isolation, she is also dedicated to educating her clients on the impacts of tax policy by leading IRS webinars, participating on the IRS Advisory Council, and guesting multiple times on Atlanta radio, WCLK’s Minding Your Money. This has earned her the reputation as “The accountant I can understand”.
Major life changes such as a divorce or a death can throw you for a loop and, unfortunately, it’s usually women who are left to deal with the financial consequences. For example, did you know a new ‘taxpayer’ is created when someone dies? How does someone work through all of these nuances when they are managing a loved one’s death? Cecily is skilled at explaining the tax and financial complexities in plain English when decisions have to be made and life has to go on. http://welchfinancialadvisors.com/
Cecily is an active member of several non-profits and professional associations, including:
- Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council (IRSAC) – Three year appointment (2011-2013) IRSAC has 24 members that meet regularly to advise the IRS Commissioner and key IRS group leaders. IRSAC also provides a public forum for the discussion of key tax issues.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Tax and Personal Financial Planning Sections)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA – Estate and Financial Planning Sections)
- National Black MBA Association, Lifetime Member
- Atlanta Woman’s Foundation, Grant Selection Committee 2010
- Atlanta Women’s Foundation – 2009 Destiny Fund Class
VOX Teen Communications, Inc., Treasurer (2010-2012)
- CityDance, Inc., Board Member (2005-2008)
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Member (1990-present)
- Awards: Chayil, Inc. – Butterfly & Ally Honoree – 2010